Pursuant to Illinois State Law 720 ILCS 5/1233, and Village of Barrington Hills Local Ordinance 8-2-13, it shall be unlawful for any person, firm, co-partnership, corporation, club, group, association or organization to offer for sale, expose for sale, sell at retail, or use or explode any fireworks without a permit.
Permits for public displays of fireworks within the Village may be obtained and issued under the following rules and regulations.
– Every such fireworks display shall be handled by an individual who is designated as competent by the Chief of Police of this Village.
– That no individual be designated as competent unless he is in the employ of an outside fireworks display firm, or unless he is recognized as an independent contractor engaged in handling fireworks displays for other municipalities, organizations, or persons on a remunerated basis.
– The fireworks displayed shall be of such a character and shall be so located, fired or discharged as not to be hazardous to property or to endanger the safety of any person or persons or to the community.
– Applications for permits shall be made in writing at least fifteen (15) days in advance of the date of the display.
– Action upon an application shall be taken within forty-eight (48) hours after application is made.
– No permit granted hereunder shall be transferable.
– Applications for public display of fireworks may be made by any public, civic, charitable or private organizations or by a group of three (3) or more adult individuals.
– Appropriate proof of or a certificate of insurance covering the Village and others shall be presented to the Police Chief in the amount of at least five million dollars ($5,000,000.00) and a hold harmless clause in favor of the Village shall be presented prior to granting any permit.
Download the Fireworks Permit Application here.
For additional information, please visit the Contact Us page and select Fireworks Permit.