Barrington Hills Police Department


Where are you located?
112 Algonquin Rd, Barrington Hills, IL 60010, on the southwest corner of Route 62 (Algonquin Rd) and Route 59 (Hawthorne Rd).

Note: Some GPS devices and mapping programs do not map our address accurately.  Often, they will direct you to the intersection of Route 62 (Algonquin Rd) and Route 25 (Elgin Rd). This will put you approximately  five miles west of the Department on Route 62.

What are your hours?
The Police Department provides 24×7 patrol service; however, administrative offices, including the Records Division, are open 8AM – 4PM Monday – Friday, except on Village holidays.

What is your fax number?

Do I need an overweight permit?
Overweight permits are issued by the Village Hall, which is open Monday-Friday, 9-5. Questions regarding permits should be directed to the Village at 847-551-3000.

What if my electricity goes out?
Power  outages are handled by ComEd. If your electricity goes out, you need to contact them at 1-800-Edison1. The Police Department has no control over when your power will be restored and cannot provide an estimated time of restoration. If you have an emergency during a power outage, please dial 9-1-1 for assistance.

Is burning allowed in the Village?
Yes, but with specific restrictions, which include:

  • Limited to three hours total per day during a 24-hour period
  • Only between 10am and 10pm
  • Burn location must be at least 100 feet from any structure
  • Fire size limited to 5 feet x 5 feet x 5 feet
  • Fire must be constantly attended\
  • Extinguishing equipment must be available for immediate utilization
  • Material shall consist only of dry firewood, landscape waste, or untreated/painted lumber which is produced or obtained for use on the premises where the materials are burned

See Village Ordinance 4-2-3 for full  text.

How do I obtain a copy of a police incident report?
Incident reports can be requested through the Village’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) website.

Can I hire an officer for a special detail?
Yes. The police department will work with you to assign an officer(s) to help with your event, staffing permitting. Please visit the Contact Us page and select the subject Officers for Private Event.

I mailed in my payment for my ticket. When do I get my license back?
The police department only holds tickets for a limited time frame, usually 24-48 hours. The tickets are then transferred to the Rolling Meadows Courthouse at 2121 Euclid Avenue, Rolling Meadows, IL.  Once the tickets have been transferred, you will need to contact the courthouse at 847-818-3000.

Is hunting allowed in the Village?
It is unlawful for any person to fire or discharge any weapon in the Village. The only exception to this rule is if residents have a Department issued target shooting permit. For more information regarding weapon use or target shooting permits in the Village, please visit the Contact Us page and select the subject Target Shooting Permit.

When is curfew?
Barrington Hills follows the curfew laws for the State of Illinois and enforces curfew for individuals 17 years of age and under unless accompanied and supervised by a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible companion at least 18 years of age approved by a parent or legal guardian or unless engaged in a business or occupation which the laws of this State authorize a person less than 17 years of age to perform.

The hours enforced are between:

  1. 12:01 A.M. and 6:00 A.M. Saturday;
  2. 12:01 A.M. and 6:00 A.M. Sunday; and
  3. 11:00 P.M. on Sunday to Thursday, inclusive, and 6:00 A.M. on the following day.